Monday 2 March 2015

Veloma Madagascar

I left the ship two days ago and it feels like I have gone on a day trip from the ship. In my mind I know that I am going home. Both don’t seem real on the one hand I feel like I will be back on the ship soon and on the other I know I am going to see my family soon. I think that once I see my family it will help this all set in. It was the same way when I arrived on the ship it wasn’t until I was onboard a couple days that reality set in. 

I knew that I had good friends onboard and that they meant a lot, but I never realized how much they had impacted my life. Relationships onboard develop quickly and you become so close, and then it was time to leave and I realized I love these people they mean the world to me. I got many letters, hugs, and words of encouragement and they care so much for me as I do for them. As you may read this it may sound absurd, you make question me on how I am able to feel such strong emotions for my group of friends in such a short time but when your family is absent you make your own. The letters that were given to me touched my heart and I will never forget how you all impacted my life. 


Saying the goodbyes were tough and when it all sets in it will be some adjusting for me, but I now have friends from all over the world that I must go see again! Everyone on the ship is in my thoughts and prayers. However in just 15 hours I get to see my family again which I am very much looking forward too. 

I left the ship on Saturday morning at 6:30am where I took an 11 hour bus ride to Tana it was a nice ride, Madagascar is so beautiful. The pictures I have taken don't even show half of the beauty! I spent the night in Tana and the next afternoon flew out of Tana to Johannesburg. When I arrived Johannesburg I was asked if I was willing to stay the night and collect 250 Pounds. I opted not stay the night as once I start travelling I just want to get it over and done with, especially as Madagascar is so far away. I have 25 hours of just straight flying, excluding the time for layovers. I was able to get on my flight to London, we took off almost an hour late that didn't bother me as it just took some time off my 12 hour layover in London. I debated whether I should go and explore London while I had the time, but then I heard it was 3 degrees with 15 km/h. Yes, I know that isn't that cold, but remember I am used to summer, and just the night before I had been shivering in my hoodie with 20 degree weather in Tana. It has been a nice time of relaxing, processing my trip, and catching up on some reading. 





These awesome people got up at 6am to see me off!










Tana Airport!

I now just have one more 10 hour fight home! 

No comments: