Thursday 26 February 2015

A Fancy Pants Dinner

With just two nights left in my bunk, my bags half packed and good bye notes written you would think that it has set in I am leaving. Yes, I have moments where the reality sets in but then I am off running to dinner or sharing cheesecake with my roommates. On the other hand I have gone the motions of leaving so I would just like to leave and start the crazy long journey home! But, when I think on the past two days the great memories that I was still able to have with my friends was fantastic!


Fancy Pants Dinner - Dressed up in the fanciest clothes we had on the ship, we headed out for an amazing dinner off ship! It was a great night with friends, and the zebu was amazing. 




Willeke, one of my roommates, makes a cake whenever one of our roommates leaves and now it was my turn. Tonight, my cabin mates and I dug into this amazing cheesecake. We literally dug in as the graham was too thin so we couldn't scoop out of the pan! 


I know I need to go home and back to work! Exciting news I was accepted at UFV for a Business Degree in the fall although in the past couple of weeks I haven't felt like that is what I want or should study anymore. I don't know if that is because I am here and disconnected from life at home, or in actuality it is that I am no longer interested in that type of study. Either way September seem like months off but it is not at all. So going home will give me the chance to figure it out; for instance what I want to study or if I even want to still study. I feel like I will still end up studying as an education is never wasted, the question is just what am I going to study. This time away from home has allowed me to learn lessons that I would have never been open to learning home, now being without my security blanket I learned to just let myself feel, that it is ok not to be ok and let others help me through what I am going through. Opening doors to careers I never thought possible before.

I don't think that I can ever put into words how much this experience has impacted me. I want to thank everyone who encouraged, prayed, sent packages, cards, and donated giving me an opportunity to come here. Not only did I have the chance to in some small way to help the Malagasy people, but they changed me through their words and love. THANK YOU to whom ever you may be, I can never thank you enough for what you have done for me giving me this life changing experience!


No comments: