Saturday 6 December 2014

2 Weeks Ago...

I boarded a bus destined for Africa Mercy. Uncertain of what to expect, and if I would this like experience. Then after a 9 hour bus ride you are ushered up the gangway and tossed into ship life. Living on Africa Mercy is all about adapting, trying new things, and embracing experiences that come your way.

Here, I am 2 weeks later totally comfortable here and able to find my way around the ship. I don't question that I live in close quarters with 400 people or that I'm living on a ship. I was surprised at how quickly I adjusted to living here, and it's home. The other night I was in town with a group of people and at the end of the night someone asked are you ready to go home. My mind flashed to the ship not home in Chilliwack. This is my home for now.

Living on Africa Mercy is never dull. There is always some sort of activity going on from a Winter Wonderland Market to Ultimate Frisbee on the beach. Or like the other day, frantically calling the plumber because the toilet in our cabin was overflowing. There is always some sort of excitement going on.


I don't know what is interesting to read about. So if you have any ideas or want to know about something on the ship, please just ask. As I said before I'm already quite used to living here already so what I might find routine and wouldn't think of writing about you might find totally interesting. Feel free to ask questions.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Question, can you have the plumber come fix my overflowing toilet, it has already flooded 3 floors here! eek
Row row your boat is what they are singing here at home.
Dad

Marlayna Van Hoepen said...

Now that is a problem! Maybe a local plumber will just have to do ours is very busy! :)