Thursday 4 December 2014

Dinner on the Dock

Mercy Ship is all about celebrating other cultures, as the crew is from all over the world. So it only makes sense we would celebrate the Malagasy culture. I get the chance to work with a Malagasy crew in the galley and I have learned a few Malagasy words.  Salama - Hello. The day crew are trying to teach everyone in the galley Malagasy, we are all willing students so far.

Back to the point.

Tonight, a basic dinner was served on the dock. However, we had Malagasy vendors selling traditional food, baskets, clothing and other goods. We had the privilege of a Malagasy band play, with Malagasy dancers. Unfortunately, I wasn't there for long as I had previous plans, but I still managed to take some pictures.








I have a very interesting video of one of the vendors opening coconuts with a machete, however, it isn't working. If I can figure it out I will be sure to post it.

Veloma - Good Night

1 comment:

maria said...

…Opening coconuts with a machete…That ought to be interesting…I look forward to the video and hope you get it to load. :)
Love, grandma