Wednesday 14 January 2015

Bittersweet Half Way

Today is a very bittersweet day, as I am half way through my time here. I've been here 7.5 weeks and I have 7.5 more weeks. I can't believe that I have been away this long. This floating ship has become my home now. The thought of half my service being done is very bittersweet.

I have met so many amazing people, and made some great friends. Basically, I've made my own family onboard and the thought of leaving them behind is so sad. If you don't live the life that we do it is hard to relate too. I miss my family of course, as well as my friends who have already returned home! I look forward to seeing my family again, but not making all the goodbyes to my Mercy Ship family. However, I still have 7.5 weeks to explore Madagascar, visit patients, spend time with friends, and make some killer salads before I must return home.

Meet some of my friends!

 

Some of my friends or Mercy Ship family! We take pictures very seriously! :)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing you again! Hope you enjoy the second half of your trip as much as you did the first half!

Love, Mom

maria said...

Wow, time does fly doesn't it? Although we're glad you're having a good time, we look forward to seeing you again! :)