Saturday 3 January 2015

Galley Tour




This hallway has 4 fridges:
 produce
 meat
diary
leftovers







I have been working in the galley for 6 weeks now, so it is way past due that I give a tour of the galley. 
The white buckets are compost buckets, everyday they are brought to our compost site. They are not very light, so walking down the stairs to the dining room, then down the gangway is quite the trek.


The dish pit, we usually have at least one person doing dishes all day. I have one day crew that loves doing dishes and can usually be found there. The other day, when I brought him some dishes, he decided that I should have to pay 200MGA per dish that I brought to his "office," otherwise his secretaries would complain that they are being overworked. 



To the left is the dish pit and to the right is the cold side work area. 



Food Lift



This is site of where I cut my finger open and had to get glued and taped back together. All because I was putting a knife and cutting board in the sink to be cleaned, and the knife hit the edge of the sink and cut my finger. Thankfully, it is totally healed now. 


Cold Side 

This is where I spend my days! I write down every thing that needs to be prepared for the meal. Then we must work to prepare all the produce for the next meal, cut all the meat and cheese, and prepare a salad. 


Bakery



Hot Side

2 comments:

maria said...

Awesome post Marlayna. The pictures make it so interesting and give us a good idea of where you spend your days! Keep posting! :)

Anonymous said...

This was so interesting - makes me understand abit of your life over there - lots of stainless steel - oh - oh those hand prints never go away do they - have fun wiping!!!
Auntie Marianne