Sunday 9 November 2014

And the Countdown Continues...

Who buys birthday gifts months in advance? Certainly not me! Oh wait, that is what I've been doing. Buying gifts months ahead shows how long I will be gone.

As of today, it is 11 days until I leave. Now it's becoming a reality that I'm leaving. I'm not just talking about a trip that is months away. I'm not prepared - at least, I don't feel prepared. It's time to make lists of what to pack, and what I still need to get, I have so many good-byes to say. 

Soon I'll be trading my bed for bunk and sharing a room with a handful of other girls in the hull of a ship. Going to work will entail walking up several flights of stairs instead of driving down the road. Instead of working with sprouts everyday I will be chopping, dicing and cooking many other vegetables. 

No comments: