Thursday 20 November 2014

Last Day in Canada

This morning I was up early because sleeping well apparently that is overrated. I went and checked in on the British Airways website, I wanted to see if I could claim an aisle seat for my first 2 flights, which I did! I love sitting by the window but the thought of having to jump over some random people just to make it to the aisle, I don't think so.

I can't just leave for 3 months without one last breakfast at Ranchers. So this morning, Amy and I had an amazing last meal together. I spent the rest of the morning trying to pack and by pack I mean limit the amount of clothes to bring along. Mercy Ship recommends that you only bring a week to 10 days worth of clothes, otherwise, there isn't any place to store them.

A day of packing for a trip does not go without it's last minute errands. The only problem is my car is 3 wheeled and a log so it's not going anywhere. Luckily Dad helped me out and we spent some together running errands and grabbing lunch. (Thanks, Dad!)

Then it was back home to finish up packing. Amy came and helped me get everything sorted and moral support. I managed to get everything into my duffel bag and backpack, when I arrived at the airport and checked in my bag the attendent asked why I had backed so light. I am not normally a light packer, although, I think Emma would disagree that my bag was light. I heard a few muffled complaints as she kindly huffed it around the airport for me!

Going to miss this girlie so much!

One last picture - I don't know what Jake is doing but assume he's trying to be a ballerina!
I'm so excited for this experience, but today as I was saying my good-byes I began to wonder is this really worth it. Leaving my family? Leaving my friends? Oh and of course leaving the sprouts which was probably the hardest one of all to say good-bye too! :) However, I am excited for this adventure. This doesn't mean I'm not apprehensive, but I'm sure I'll be great.

Thank-you to everyone who sent texts and all the little gifts it means so much. I don't know how I'm going to eat all that candy maybe I can use that as a bribe to make friends on the ship.

Goodbyes: They are so hard to say, super sad, and tears where shed. It means a lot to know that so many people care and are supporting me on this amazing trip.
I promise to try put more pictures up as it is way more interesting to read than paragraphs after paragraphs of writing! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you, Mar! We just got home from the airport. We hope you are safely aloft and settling into the first leg of your trip! Safe travels!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Love you lots and thinking of you - Dad just called me to let me know you are at Heathrow and ready for the second leg of the trip. Take care and try to get some sleep!!!

Auntie Marianne