Saturday 22 November 2014

I've Arrived!

I'm so glad almost all of my travelling is done. Tonight sleeping in a bed instead of a two nights in a chair will be amazing. On my flight from Heathrow to Johannesburg and I was talking to girl next to me and she say saying how she was worried she wasn't going to make her next flight. Our flight was delayed over an hour. I was also quite concerned about my lay over too. It turns out the girl sitting next to me was also going to Madagascar to the Mercy Ship. It's quite sad to say that I didn't learn her name until we were standing in line in Madagascar to get our visas stamped.

On my last flight it was really nice because I met up with 5 other people who are going to the Mercy Ship too, they are all working in the hospital. When we arrived in Antananarivo we had to walk across the tarmac to the airport. At that point I wished I wasn't wearing a hoodie and a vest and looked very crazy.

We are staying at a really cute inn for the night. My room looks out over a rice field which is really neat to see.

I have some really neat pictures but unfortunately they aren't loading, so I'll have to try again later. Off for a walk in the rice fields.

2 comments:

maria said...

Hey Marlayna! So good to hear from you! I'm glad your trip has gone well so far, and that you have met up with others who are also going to the Mercy Ship! I look forward to seeing some pictures. Love, grandma

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Marlayna

So thankful to hear to that you arrived safely and had a great trip. Wow, how nice to meet up with people going to the same place as you, already you can make friends and get to know others makes it seem more real right. You must be tired so I hope that you have great sleep tonight. Sounds like you already getting out and seeing something of the area - hope that you will have a nice time. Thinking of you, Love Auntie Marianne