Tuesday 3 February 2015

A Day Full of Joy

This afternoon I visited the Hope Centre with Luke and Will, it was a great way to spend my afternoon. The Hope Centre is the out patient faculty that allows patients to grow stronger before they travel home or before surgery. I had one of the patients on my back and he wouldn't let go, every time I tried to put him down he just held on tighter. We played some board games, pass the ball and even soccer. The kids just love you hanging all over you, holding your hand, hugging you, and so happy that it just brightened my day.








Preparing dinner for the Hope Centre.


Luke asked me to take a picture of him with these boys and they were super excited to see the picture that was taken of them. Just a few minutes before they were tackling Luke to the ground and now attentively looking at a picture.

This evening we had a bonfire on the beach as one of my roommates is leaving this weekend. 




Luke built this great fire but then realized that if the fire got any bigger we would catch one of the huts on the beach on fire. So rather than burning down someones home we moved down the beach.


We managed to get our car stuck in the sand.


What an amazing evening it started to rain soon after we arrived! After standing in the rain for an hour it was time to head in as the fire wasn't fighting off the cold. I know that by Canadian standards it wasn't cold at all, but I have acclimated to this humid heat so yes I was shivering. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a neat place to spend some extra time at the Hope Centre! Your pictures of the water with the Mercy ship behind are quite spectacular! I see you have lots of good firewood there also.