Monday 16 February 2015

A Touching Moment

A moment that touched my heart!

Every afternoon the patients that are able go up to Deck 7. They get the chance to run around, play and get some fresh air. Yesterday, I just happened to be leaving the crew galley as the patients were coming down the stairs. One adorable girl came running down the stairs and seeing me rushed over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a huge hug! She let go, gave me quick grin and went down the rest of the stairs to the hospital. This little girl was probably about 4, I had never visited her down on the ward before but she gave me this awesome hug. This quick hug from her in the hallway meant so much! I don't know whether she mistook me for someone else, but either way that was the highlight of my day! I am going to go see if I can find her on the ward, even if I don't it was moment that filled me with joy.

No comments: