Monday 23 February 2015

How About a Reality Check?

"Marlayna, you're leaving."

"What do you mean? Of course, I am leaving I can't be here forever."

"No, you're leaving in just a few days, less than a week!"

This is the conversations that I have had with many people as well as in my head on a daily basis.

I am leaving the Africa Mercy in just a handful of days. I don't want to say back to reality, or back to normal as I have found normal here. Being on the ship really secludes you from the rest of the world I couldn't tell you what is happening at home or anywhere else in the world. I am in a community of people who can relate what I am going through and spend my days with. I am so looking forward to seeing my family in the airpot and giving them all a hug.

What about all my friends here? I am so sad to leave them here and even if I don't see them again they needed to be in my life through this experience. They helped me learn many lessons, helped and encouraged me through the bad days and most of all loved and laughed with me. I have such an amazing group of people here I was able to share this journey with. So even if they were just a part of my life for these short months I will treasure their friendship and the memories that we made together.

No comments: